The Works with Amazon Sidewalk qualification process checks that product designs comply with Amazon Sidewalk protocol requirements. The Works with Amazon Sidewalk qualification process helps builders create fit for purpose products reinforcing correct operation of Amazon Sidewalk Endpoints, and the Amazon Sidewalk network as a whole. This builds value for both builders and end users alike.
Every Amazon Sidewalk product must be qualified under the Works with Amazon Sidewalk qualification program, but not every product must go through the testing process.
The Works with Amazon Sidewalk qualification process tests designs. When a reference design passes the Works with Amazon Sidewalk qualification tests, end products can be built using that design.
End products can then be qualified without retest if they meet all the following requirements:
- The Amazon Sidewalk features of the design are not changed.
- Any critical security updates are implemented.
- The product is registered with the Amazon Sidewalk qualification team.
- The company responsible for the product complies with the Works with Amazon Sidewalk Qualification Guidelines.
- The SDK and hardware for the end product have maintained their qualified status.
Amazon Sidewalk, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to amend the reasons for granting or denying qualification to an end product.
- Amazon Sidewalk qualification FAQs
- Works with Amazon Sidewalk qualification
- Works with Amazon Sidewalk qualification waiver policy